Voyages Jules Verne adds nine new escorted tours to its World of Wonders portfolio
Destinations range from the Balkans to Bali, plus a nine-night cruise of Canada’s St. Lawrence Seaway
Further reinforcing its reputation for innovation in escorted holidays, specialist tour operator Voyages Jules Verne has added nine new escorted itineraries to its popular World of Wonders programme. As well as tempting new trips in Europe – to Portugal, Spain, Serbia & Montenegro and the Netherlands – those wishing to venture further afield are treated to a choice of escorted journeys in Canada, East India, Java & Bali, Nepal, Thailand and Laos.
With a reputation for excellence – as illustrated by the results of this year’s Which? survey, placing Voyages Jules Verne among the top five group holiday companies in the UK – Voyages Jules Verne offers imaginative, well-priced arrangements worldwide, each fully bonded with ABTA and ATOL, enabling customers to book with complete confidence. Many of Voyages Jules Verne’s escorted tours also include a Special Event, arranged exclusively for the VJV group, ranging from a private ballet performance in St. Petersburg or food tasting in Romania to an authentic Baci Ceremony in Laos or tea with Omani locals.
Featuring departures from December 2014 until November 2015, Voyages Jules Verne’s nine NEW tours are:
- Secret Balkans: Discover the charm of the lesser-known Balkan countries of Serbia and Montenegro on a fascinating eight-night trip, exploring historic towns and sleepy villages by rail and boat as well the vibrant Serbian capital, Belgrade. Staying in four-star hotels throughout, this holiday also includes tasting sessions featuring locally-produced prosciutto, cheese, olive oil, wine and honey. Departing in May, June, September & October 2015, the price is from £995 pp*.
- Secret Pousadas: Discover the quieter, off-the-beaten track towns of Portugal’s Alentejo region on a seven-night trip that takes in highlights including the picturesque Arrábida National Park, the UNESCO-listed city of Évora, a cork manufacturer and wine tasting – staying in characterful pousadas that were formerly either castles or convents. This tour also includes time in Lisbon, with an optional two-night extension to the coastal town of Cascais. Departing March to October 2015 (excluding April & July), the price is from £895 pp*. Cascais extension is from £245 pp.
- The Art of Amsterdam & The Hague: Indulge a love of fine art and floral splendour on a springtime sojourn to the Netherlands, cruising on CroisiEurope vessels. This four-night holiday features free time for independent sightseeing as well as accompanied visits to the world-famous Keukenhof gardens in Lisse and entrance to The Hague’s recently reopened Mauritshuis Museum. Departing 7, 18 & 30 April 2015, the price is from £865 pp*. A two-night Amsterdam extension is from £295 pp*.
- A Journey through Andalucía: Exploring the architectural beauty of Seville, Cordoba and Granada, this seven-night itinerary features four-star accommodation, city tours, a visit to an olive mill and a drive to the south side of the Sierra Nevada to Las Alpujarras, where spectacular scenery and a cured ham tasting followed by a delicious tapas lunch await. Departing March to June and in September & October 2015, the price is from £875 pp*.
- Discover Java & Bali: Experience idyllic Indonesia on a 13-night tour that blends the best of both islands, including ancient temples, breathtaking views and indulgent four-star hotel stays. Explore a traditional Javanese village by ‘Andong’ (horse-drawn carriage), travel by jeep to view the sunrise from Mount Penanjakan and spend time at a local school and communal rice farm. Departing April to November 2015 (excluding June), the price is from £1,995 pp*. A three-night Bali extension is from £195 pp.
- Discover Nepal: Home to the mighty Mount Everest, Nepal is on many travellers’ wish lists. An optional flight over the Himalayas (additional cost) is just one of the unforgettable experiences on offer during this 13-night tour, which also features visits to sites as diverse as ancient ‘stupas’ (Buddhist monuments) and elephant and crocodile breeding centres, as well as a boat ride on the beautiful Phewa Lake and a rickshaw ride through old Kathmandu. Departing February to May & September to November 2015, the price is from £1,995 pp*.
- Sailing the St. Lawrence Seaway: Relax amid jaw-dropping scenery on a leisurely nine-night cruise from Montréal to Québec. Sailing in comfort aboard the MV Saint Laurent Prestige, shore excursions include city tours of Toronto, Montréal and Québec, historic Kingston, a boat ride to the heart of Niagara Falls and a visit to a ‘sugar shack’ in Trois-Rivière to sample a selection of delicious maple syrup products. Departing May to October (excluding August) 2015, the price is from £2,895 pp*.
- Mekong Explorer: Cruise from Thailand’s Golden Triangle through Laos on either the RV Mekong Explorer or Mekong Sun, both well-appointed vessels (up to 14 cabins) that offer modern amenities and traditional character. This 12-night arrangement (nine nights’ sailing) offers an intriguing insight into this little-known corner of Indochina, as well as pre-embarkation sightseeing in Chiang Rai. Departing from September to November 2015, the price is from £2,995pp*. Pre and post-tour extensions (ancient capitals, Bangkok or Hua Hin) available from £245 pp.
- Splendours of East India: Starting with a two-night, five-star stay at Kolkata’s Oberoi Grand Hotel, this 15-night itinerary uncovers the myriad delights of Assam and Bengal, including a four-night cruise on the mighty Brahmaputra river, a trip on the ‘Toy Train’ to Ghoom and its railway museum, monastery visits, a tea estate tour with sampling and the chance to witness sunrise over the Himalayas. Departing February, April, November & December 2015, and January to April (excluding March) 2016, the price is from £2,895 pp*.
*According to the itinerary chosen, prices are based on two sharing (no single supplement on selected tours/departures – subject to availability) and include air travel, taxes, transfers, accommodation, some meals, a sightseeing programme and the services of guides and local representatives.
 Based on the results of a survey of 2,852 Which? members, conducted in April 2014, that asked participants to complete an online questionnaire about their experiences of travelling with a holiday company. Achieving an overall customer service score of 84%, VJV performed consistently against a set of criteria that included ease of booking, value for money and overall holiday quality, scoring five stars out of a possible five for the description of its holidays matching the reality.
To book, or to order a copy of the latest World of Wonders brochure – spanning worldwide departures until December 2015 – contact Voyages Jules Verne on 0845 166 7035, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit the award-winning website, www.vjv.com or click here.
Ends / 21 November 2014
Press: For further information, contact Karen Carpenter at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email email@example.com. At Voyages Jules Verne, contact Prini Patel on 020 7616 1094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jules Verne adds eight new small group UK tours for 2021Learn more
Jules Verne customers are ready to travel againLearn more
Jules Verne unveils new small group tours in the UK & Ireland for 2021Learn more
Travel PR is not just a PR agency which works to represent us as a business; they are very much part of the AITO family, and make it their mission to engrain AITO’s DNA into the way that they work. It’s more like working with friends, because they really care and are passionate about AITO. They constantly strive to ensure that AITO is seen as the market leader in specialist travel and we trust them implicitly.AITO, The Specialist Travel Association
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?