Still not sorted for Christmas and the New Year? Sociable escapes for the festive season from Solos Holidays
Sociable and active escapes for the festive season from single travel specialist, Solos Holidays
As the nation braces itself for the annual blitz of seasonal advertising campaigns, you’d be forgiven for thinking that Christmas is just for families and couples. Being single at this time of year needn’t mean enduring the ‘Bridget Jones’-style set-ups with which it is often associated (think sympathetic glances and embarrassing uncles in questionable festive jumpers), however. Particularly when you book a short break or longer escape with Solos Holidays (www.solosholidays.co.uk).
Specialised in meeting the needs of the single traveller for over 30 years, Solos appreciates that everyone’s different. While some customers book a Solos trip to enjoy the social side of their holiday, others prefer the opportunity to spend time on their own – reassured by the presence of a Solos Tour Leader, who accompanies every group – with most appreciating the chance to do a bit of both.
Whatever your holiday style, it’s not too late to plan a festive break. Solos still has availability on a tempting array of itineraries to suit every type of single traveller – for Christmas, ‘Twixmas’ and the New Year – including:
FOR ACTIVE SINGLES…
- Skiing in Italy: Join fellow snow sports enthusiasts for a week on the slopes of Val di Sole (Sun Valley) in the Brenta Dolomites, staying at the welcoming, family-run three-star Hotel Dolomiti. Departing 20 December, the price is from £1,059 pp including BA flights (Gatwick), transfers, seven nights’ half board in a single room and special Christmas Eve dinner.
- Skiing in Switzerland: Alternatively, spend Christmas at home before heading to the pretty Swiss resort of Les Diablerets for New Year, where accommodation is at the three-star Hotel Les Sources, set close to the centre of the village and within walking distance of the slopes. Departing 29 December, the price is from £1,229 pp including BA flights (Heathrow), transfers, seven nights’ half board in a single room and special New Year’s Eve dinner.
- Walking in Madeira: Enjoy a week blending wonderful walks with the festive atmosphere of Madeira’s capital, Funchal, which transforms into a festival of light, colour and sound at this time of year – don’t miss the huge street party on 23 December. Departing 22 December, the price is from £1,389 pp including flights (Gatwick – Manchester is £1,429 pp), B&B in a twin or double room (for single use) at the four-star Hotel Girrasol, four lunches, five dinners and four guided walks.
- Play golf in North Cyprus: Tee off 2015 with a sociable week of golfing, based at the four-star Korineum Golf & Beach Resort. As well as playing five rounds on this undiscovered gem of a golf course, the holiday also features a New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner (drinks included). Departing 29 December, the price is from £1,189 pp including BA flights (Gatwick), transfers, seven nights’ half board in a twin or double room (for single use), golf and gala dinner.
- Tennis in Morocco: Serving up warm winter sunshine alongside four hours a day of organised tennis, this week-long all-inclusive holiday – aimed at intermediate and advanced players – is based at the three-star Caribbean Village Agador in Agadir, Morocco’s premier and most cosmopolitan beach resort. Departing 23 December, the price is from £1,069 pp including flights (Gatwick), transfers, seven nights’ all-inclusive accommodation in a twin or double room (for single use) and five days of organised tennis at the Atlantic Tennis Academy.
FOR SUN-SEEKING SINGLES…
- Christmas & New Year in Cuba: Sit out the festive season on a sun lounger, enjoying all-inclusive indulgence at the four-star Breezes Jibacoa, as well as an array of land and water sports, activities and entertainment. Departing 22 December, the price is from £2,079 pp including Virgin Atlantic flights (Gatwick), transfers and seven nights’ all-inclusive accommodation in a twin or double room (for single use). 29 December costs £2,229 pp for seven nights. A 14-night holiday departing 22 December – encompassing Christmas & New Year – costs from £3,099 pp.
- All-inclusive in Egypt: The five-star Xperience Sea Breeze Resort is the setting for this superb seven-night holiday. Close to the centre of Sharm El Sheikh, it offers a choice of no less than five swimming pools, five bars, three restaurants, a water sports centre and health club, as well as the chance to take optional excursions (additional cost) to Cairo or Petra, try snorkelling off Tiran Island or swim with dolphins. Departing 21 December, seven nights cost from £1,379 pp including flights from Gatwick (Manchester – £1,489 pp), transfers and a twin or double room for single use. Departing 28 December (Manchester only), a seven-night holiday costs from £1,559 pp.
FOR SINGLES ON THE MOVE…
- Imperial Cities: Spend Christmas Day in Vienna whilst ticking off three of Europe’s most impressive cities on this seven-night, three-centre itinerary that combines the Austrian capital with Prague and ‘the Pearl of the Danube’, Budapest, staying in four-star hotels throughout. Departing 21 December, the price is from £1,289 pp including BA flights (Heathrow), transfers, B&B in a twin or double room (for single use), one lunch, six dinners, private coach with driver, guided sightseeing and excursions.
- Discover China & its Giant Pandas: An unforgettable visit to the world-famous Panda Conservation Centre in Chengdu is just one of the many highlights on this 11-day escorted tour, which also visits the Great Wall of China, Beijing, Xian and the Terracotta Warriors…with ample free time for independent exploration (if preferred), too. Departing 23 December, the price is from £2,485 pp including international (Heathrow) and internal flights, transfers, accommodation in a single room, all meals including a special New Year Meal, escorted sightseeing, and the services of a National Escort and local guides.
FOR TRADITIONAL SINGLES…
Love travelling but prefer to stay in the UK for the festive season? No problem. Solos has lots of short break suggestions that don’t involve heading too far from home, such as:
- Christmas Breaks in Cheshire, Gloucestershire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire & Warwickshire: Mingle with fellow singles on one of these three-night breaks, where celebrations start from the moment you check into your four-star hotel on Christmas Eve. Activities vary according to the itinerary chosen – try ten-pin bowling in Northampton, visit Regency Cheltenham or take a trip to Warwick Castle, for example – whilst a traditional Christmas lunch with all the trimmings and guaranteed festive fun are a feature of them all. A three-night Christmas break costs from £425 pp including B&B in a twin or double room (for single use), dinner with a half-bottle of wine each evening, Christmas Day lunch, excursions and activities.
- Twixmas in Peterborough: Sorted for Christmas and New Year’s Eve…but not sure what to do with those stray few days in between? Solos suggests a two-night stay at the welcoming four-star Peterborough Marriott Hotel, where 11 acres of grounds, two restaurants, a bar and impressive leisure facilities provide ample opportunity for relaxation, whilst a dinner dance and group visit to the finest stone town in England, Stamford, provide the perfect chance to socialise. Arriving on 27 December, the price is from £245 pp including B&B in a twin or double room (for single use), dinner with a half-bottle of wine each evening and activities.
- New Year Breaks in Cheshire, Hampshire, Northamptonshire & West Yorkshire: Get 2015 off to a sociable start with a two or three-night New Year Break, where Solos’ single clients can look forward to a gala dinner dance as well as an array of excursions such as guided tours of Bath, Cambridge, Chester, Winchester and York. Arriving on 30 December, a two-night break costs from £415 pp. Three-night breaks in Bristol (arriving 29 December) and Northamptonshire (30 December) cost from £445 pp. The price includes B&B in a twin or double room (single use), dinner with a half-bottle of wine each evening, New Year’s Eve celebrations, excursions and activities.
Ends / 6 November 2014
Press: For further information and high-resolution images or to arrange an interview with a Solos’ Holidays spokesperson, please contact Karen Carpenter at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve worked with Travel PR for over 20 years. The team are always a real pleasure to deal with. They have a profound understanding of the travel industry and journalists’ needs, are always brimming with ideas, know their clients’ offerings inside out and respond to requests incredibly speedily.Fred Mawer, Freelance Travel Writer
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?