Pumpkins, puppets and parades in NYC with Apple Core Hotels
6 August 2014
Autumn in New York has something different for everyone – with cool, crisp days and blue skies – not to mention, pumpkins, ghosts and ghouls galore. Enjoy an autumnal break in the Big Apple and stay in the heart of the action with Apple Core Hotels at nyma. Here are some exciting ideas for how to make the most of your autumn adventure in New York:
- Try a cup of delicious apple cider at the world-famous Union Square Greenmarket – a fantastic place to find locally grown fresh fruit and vegetables at this time of year. Regional farmers come to this outdoor market to sell fresh produce and other award-winning goods including meats, farmstead cheeses, artisan breads, pickles, jams and syrups. Visitors can also enjoy cooking demonstrations from some of New York’s hottest local chefs.
- Don’t miss Oktoberfest on 20 September at Central Park and East 72nd Street. Enjoy a pitcher or two of German brew and bratwurst before dancing the evening away with lively German bands and entertainment.
- Every year, over 50,000 people in fancy-dress participate in the spirited Village Halloween Parade through Greenwich Village. It’s the largest public Halloween event in the country with elaborate costumes, puppets, and floats that take months to create. The parade route is along Sixth Avenue from Spring Street to 16th Street on 31 October.
- Visit PumpkinFest, the city’s annual celebration of the harvest season, with pumpkin carving, a haunted house, puppet shows and a doggie-costume competition for four-legged New Yorkers! Based around Bethseda Fountain, watch out for fun spooky costumed characters creeping around the stalls.
- Don’t forget to take a stroll through Central Park and see the leaves on the trees change colour at this time of year, dotting the city with yellows and reds. The peak of autumn foliage, when the colours are their most glorious, is in late October, making it one of the romantic and scenic times to visit Manhattan.
- Last but not least, support runners from around the world making their way along 26 miles across the city at the New York Marathon on 2 November.
Apple Core Hotels’ nyma offers convenience, comfort and outstanding value and the hotel is within walking distance of the best Manhattan attractions including the Empire State Building, Macy’s, Broadway, Madison Square Garden and Times Square.
A one-night stay in nyma starts from $225/ approx. £135 per room per night (two sharing). Excellent free-of-charge amenities include WiFi internet access throughout the hotel, continental breakfast, free calls nationwide, 24-hour business centre and in-room coffee makers. Children under 12 can stay free with parents, too. Just a few blocks from Grand Central Station and the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the hotel is easily accessible from all the city’s airports – JFK, La Guardia and Newark – by taxi, bus or rail.
For more information visit www.applecorehotels.com.
Press: For further information and photography call Lisa Farrell, Camilla Colley or Julia Farish at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why PR professionals cannot be replaced by AILearn more
AITO Travel Writer of the Year AwardsLearn more
Kirker’s New Music Holidays, Cultural Tours & Scientist ExperiencesLearn more
I have worked with Travel PR for almost 20 years - during which time they have helped to facilitate access to a wide range of clients, tourist boards, destinations and tour operators. While the contours of travel have inevitably changed during that time, Travel PR have been a constant. I have always found them to be professional, helpful, and easy to deal with.Chris Leadbeater, The Telegraph
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?