Natural world tours for every season from wildlife specialist Naturetrek
Wildlife holiday specialist Naturetrek has launched its 2019 brochure, containing a tempting selection of escorted small group tours, treks and cruises for the year ahead – expertly guided by leading naturalists – across Europe, Africa & the Middle East, The Americas, Asia and Australasia.
Since the publication of its last brochure, Naturetrek has introduced 40 new tours which are featured for the first time in the 2019 brochure, offering natural world enthusiasts the opportunity to witness some of world’s most fascinating species, year-round. For example:
Norway – Orcas, Humpbacks & Northern Lights – A Winter Arctic Cruise: a nine-day winter holiday to northern Norway that includes a seven-night cruise on a 33-berth sailing schooner in search of Killer Whales, Humpback Whales and the Northern Lights. Departing 11 January 2019 and 3 January 2020, the price is from £2,895 pp (two sharing), including flights, accommodation, most meals, and the services of a Naturetrek naturalist and experienced expedition crew.
Spring in Northern Greece: an eight-day birdwatching holiday to northern Greece’s Dadia Forest, Evros Delta and Lake Kerkini, timed to coincide with the northward migration of numerous warblers, waders and raptors, and the arrival of the region’s breeding birds. Departing 5 May 2019, the price is from £1,395 pp (two sharing), including flights, accommodation, all meals, and the services of expert naturalist guides.
Go Slow in the Camargue: a relaxed eight-day holiday focusing on the birds and other wildlife of France’s Rhône Delta, one of Europe’s best-known wetlands. Departing 2 June 2019, the price is from £1,495 pp (two sharing), including flights, accommodation, all meals and the services of expert naturalist guides.
Wild Slovenia: an eight-day, single-centre holiday focusing on the wild flowers, birds and butterflies around Slovenia’s Lake Cerknica. Departing 4 June 2019, the price is from £1,295 pp (two sharing), including flights, accommodation, all meals and the services of expert naturalist guides.
Dorset – South Coast Migration Special: a weekend break to enjoy the autumn bird migration on England’s south coast, staying at an award-winning Elizabethan manor house with wonderful views of the rugged Jurassic Coast. Departing 11 October 2019, the price is from £395 pp (two sharing), including half-board accommodation and the services of expert naturalist guides.
Birding the Peruvian Amazon: a nine-day, single-centre holiday based amid the Peruvian Amazon rainforest that focuses on the impressive birdlife surrounding Lake Soleda, which numbers 619 species, including Pale-winged Trumpeter, Striated Antthrush, Fulvouse-chinned Nunlet and Plum-throated Cotinga. Departing 6 November 2019, the price is from £2,895 pp (two sharing), including flights, most meals and the services of expert Peruvian ornithologist/guides.
Wild China – Sichuan’s Birds & Mammals: a 16-day tour to China’s Sichuan province in search of a fabulous array of birds and mammals, including Red Panda, Chinese Mountain and Pallas’s Cat, Tibetan Wolf and Golden Takin. Sightings of rarities such as Asian Black Bear and Forest Musk Deer are also possible. Departing 3 December 2019, and 7, 14 & 28 November 2020, the price is from £4,695 pp (two sharing), including flights, accommodation, all meals and the services of an expert naturalist guide.
The new brochure also features easy-to-use sections, split geographically, as well as themed pages detailing Naturetrek’s range of:
- Wildlife Cruises: Naturetrek offers a wider selection of exclusive wildlife cruises than any other wildlife tour operator in the UK, with 2019 options including Alaska, Antarctica and the Amazon.
- ‘Go Slow’ Holidays: allowing clients to enjoy the natural world at a more relaxed pace, and with more leisure time, than on a conventional Naturetrek holiday. ‘Go Slow’ destinations for 2019 include Cyprus, Mallorca, Northern Greece and Tiger Country (India’s scenic Satpura National Park).
- Wildlife Photography Tours: dedicated wildlife photography holidays aimed at clients with varying levels of experience and ability. Choices for 2019 range from Leopards & Lions of Zambia’s South Luangwa to Birds & Mammals of the Cairngorms.
- Birdwatching Holidays for Beginners: run at a slower pace than other similar holidays and with a high level of instruction from Naturetrek’s top tour leaders, 2019 options range from The Somerset Levels to Nepal.
- Bargain Birdwatching Tours: action-packed, long-haul birding tours, each led by an expert local ornithologist, which offer excellent value for money and outstanding birding; 2019 destinations include Australia, Ethiopia, Jamaica and Uganda.
- Bargain Mammal Tours: similar in style to the bargain birdwatching tours referred to above, these itineraries offer value for money and superb mammal sighting opportunities. Destinations for 2019 include Borneo, Botswana, Kenya and Sri Lanka.
- British & Irish Breaks: enjoy good food and like-minded company on a birding or botanising break in an array of short-haul destinations including, for 2019, the Isles of Sicily, Pembrokeshire, The Yorkshire Coast & Moors, and Mull.
- Butterfly Holidays: guided by expert butterfly enthusiasts, each holiday focuses on butterflies and their habitats, moths (many of the tours feature moth-trapping at night) and, to a lesser extent, other natural history. The choices in 2019 range from France, Sweden and Croatia to Sri Lanka, South Africa and Nepal. Naturetrek donates 10% of the proceeds from each tour to Butterfly Conservation, which is dedicated to the conservation of British and European butterflies.
- Dragonfly Holidays: learn about dragonflies, damselflies and their habitats in the company of fellow enthusiasts, guided by an expert, in destinations as diverse as Bulgaria, Sardinia and India.
To speak to the experts for more information on any of Naturetrek’s wildlife itineraries, or to request a copy of the 2019 brochure, call 01962 733051 or visit the new website at www.naturetrek.co.uk.
Press: For further information/photography, to discuss a press trip commission or for immediate comment on wildlife travel issues, please contact Karen Carpenter or Lizzie Cooper at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Naturetrek no-flight wildlife holidays in Europe & the UKLearn more
Naturetrek eclipse tours in 2020 and 2021Learn more
Take inspiration from Blue Planet Live and experience a Naturetrek wildlife cruiseLearn more
We’ve had the pleasure of working with Travel PR for over a decade and cannot recommend them highly enough. They genuinely care about their clients and have been extremely professional, personable, and passionate in supporting the Artisan Travel Company’s goals.The Artisan Travel Company
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?