Kirker adds Dolomites and Canavese
Kirker adds the Dolomites and Canavese to its Italian collection
Celebrating 30 years of tailor-made Italian itineraries for discerning travellers
Specialist tour operator for discerning travellers, Kirker Holidays celebrates 30 years of offering tailor-made itineraries to Italy in 2016. And, whilst much has changed in the world since the launch of its first dedicated brochure back in 1986, Kirker’s passion and enthusiasm for Italy remains the same, whilst its collection of city, coast and countryside locations continues to expand and develop.
Now featuring over 200 properties – from charming pensione and characterful small hotels to stylish palazzos and grand villas in the heart of the countryside – Kirker’s Italian accommodation selection has been further augmented for 2016, with several hotels and two new regions added to its latest brochure. And, as ever, all Kirker holidays to Italy include the extra touches for which the company is renowned.
Using just the right combination of travel by air, rail and private transfers to guarantee a relaxing and hassle-free experience, Kirker creates a tailor-made itinerary to suit each client’s particular requirements and budget, using the expertise of the Kirker Concierge to assist with restaurant recommendations and dinner reservations, tickets for opera or ballet performances, or a private walking tour with an expert local guide, for example. Whether for a short break, a multi-centre ‘Grand Tour’ or a special occasion that requires a particularly indulgent approach (perhaps adding an unforgettable journey on the luxurious Venice Simplon-Orient-Express), Kirker clients are assured of excellent personal service and attention to detail throughout.
Many of Kirker’s city breaks in Italy also include welcome added extras, designed to enhance the cultural experience. Enjoy guaranteed entrance to the Doge’s Palace, Guggenheim or Accademia in Venice, the Uffizi or Bargello Galleries in Florence, or the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel or Borghese Gallery in Rome. Visitors to Turin can enjoy complimentary access to over 160 cultural sites with a 72-hour Torino Card, while clients with a particular exhibition in mind in any of Italy’s classic cities can use the Kirker Concierge service to secure pre-booked tickets that help avoid any lengthy queues – including Leonardo’s ‘The Last Supper’ in Milan.
NEW for 2016, Kirker has added the Dolomites and the Canavese to its Italian programme for the first time…
- Offering an irresistible blend of fresh mountain air, spectacular scenery and delicious Northern Italian cuisine, the South Tyrol region of the Dolomites is particularly perfect for a spring or summer break, either as a single-centre stay or in combination with the cultural delights of Venice, Verona or Innsbruck. Or, for those wishing to travel in winter, Kirker can also arrange a cosy short ski break.
Stay at either the five-star deluxe Castel Fragsburg – formerly a 17th century hunting lodge, set in a private park overlooking Merano and the vineyards of the Alto Adige valley (from £745 pp*) – or at the four-star deluxe Auener Hof Dining Home, which offers equally spectacular views (from an altitude of 1,600 metres) as well as sleek, contemporary interiors and outstanding service (from £629 pp*). Both hotels boast a Michelin-starred restaurant serving dishes created from fresh and tasty local ingredients, a spa and easy access to pretty local towns for enjoyable day trips.
- Home to mediaeval castles and monasteries, rolling countryside and crystal-clear lakes, the Canavese’s impressive historical and artistic treasures make it a must for culture enthusiasts seeking a new region to discover, while walkers and nature lovers will adore the Parco Nazionale del Gran Paradiso, Italy’s oldest national park. Located to the north of Turin, the region provides an ideal rural complement to a few days in the city as part of a two-centre itinerary.
Stay at the four-star superior Relais Villa Matilde, an historic property brimming with period furnishings, imposing fireplaces and marvellous frescoes, just 30 miles from Turin. Dine on regional specialities, served with fine Piemonte wines, in the hotel’s intimate restaurant, take a relaxing sauna or Turkish bath in the wellness centre, swim in the outdoor pool or enjoy a game or two on the grass tennis courts (from £549 pp*).
Also NEW to Kirker’s Italy programme for 2016 are a number of hotels – ranging from city centre boltholes in the best sightseeing locations to sublime seaside escapes…
- In Florence – Recently renovated with an enviable location overlooking the River Arno in the delightful Santa Croce district, the four-star superior Balestri is just moments from the Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery (from £729 pp*).
- In Milan – The four-star superior Rosa Grand is a short walk from the Duomo, Via Montenapoleone and La Scala. Decorated in a contemporary style that reflects Milan’s renowned fashion credentials, this hotel also offers a choice of three restaurants and a wellness centre (from £698 pp*).
- In Rome – Formerly the home of Hans Christian Anderson, the four-star deluxe The Inn at the Spanish Steps sits on the Eternal City’s most exclusive shopping street, Via Condotti. Start the day with breakfast on the hotel’s rooftop terrace, where wonderful views of the world’s most photographed steps await (from £698 pp*).
- In Verona – Nestled in the hills above Verona, Relais Fra’ Lorenzo offers a peaceful alternative to a stay in the city centre. Kirker clients are guaranteed a room with views of Verona, while the hotel’s salt-water swimming pool – set amid ancient olive trees – promises welcome refreshment after a day spent pounding the pavements (from £549 pp*).
- On the Amalfi Coast – Sorrento’s myriad charms need no introduction and the four-star superior Royal is in a perfect location from which to enjoy them. A short stroll from Piazza Tasso, the hotel has a summer swimming pool surrounded by shady palms and citrus trees, plus a private bathing platform at sea level (from £668 pp*).
- On the Ligurian Riviera – The lively yet little-known resort of Santa Margherita Ligure is the setting for the four-star Hotel Continental. Pretty manicured gardens provide tantalising glimpses of Portofino in the distance before rolling down to a private bathing platform for seaside dips. A short walk to the train station gives easy access to the pretty villages and dramatic coastline of the UNESCO-protected Cinque Terre (from £738 pp*).
- In Sicily – Kirker has added two new properties to its Sicilian portfolio for 2016. Just 12 miles from Ragusa, golf players are spoilt for choice at the five-star Donnafugata Golf Resort & Spa, where two championship courses provide ample opportunities for a round or two, before unwinding in the spa, swimming in one of the hotel’s pools or heading to its private beach (from £648 pp*).
Alternatively, head across the Tyrrhenian Sea off Sicily’s northern coast to the Aeolian Islands, where Kirker has added the four-star Hotel Mea on Lipari. Blending Roman and Moorish style in spacious airy surroundings, the hotel has a large outdoor swimming pool and sun terrace, with the local black sand beaches just a short (free) shuttle service away (from £738 pp*).
For discerning travellers keen to capture the essence of three of Italy’s great cities in style, Kirker’s NEW Classic Italian Trilogy ticks all the boxes. Combining Venice, Florence and Rome in one itinerary, staying in luxurious five-star accommodation throughout (the Luna Baglioni, the Relais Santa Croce and the Regina Baglioni), this six-night holiday includes a complimentary lunch or dinner at each hotel as well as entrance tickets to key museums and galleries, plus first class rail and private transfers to ensure Kirker clients arrive at their destination refreshed and ready to explore. The price is from £2,268 pp* (two sharing) for travel between 21 March and 9 July 2016. Able to go a little earlier? Travel before 20 March 2016 and receive a complimentary additional night at each hotel, creating a nine-night holiday that costs from £1,948 pp*.
*Unless otherwise stated, all prices are for a three-night holiday based on two sharing and including flights (London – regional departures on request), private transfers or car hire, accommodation with breakfast, Kirker Guide Notes to restaurants, museums and sightseeing (where available) and the services of the Kirker Concierge to book restaurants, expert local guides or tickets to theatres, opera performances, concerts, museums and galleries.
Wine Tours with Tim Clarke join Kirker’s Cultural Tours programmeLearn more
Spring into a Short Break with Kirker HolidaysLearn more
Travel PR is not just a PR agency which works to represent us as a business; they are very much part of the AITO family, and make it their mission to engrain AITO’s DNA into the way that they work. It’s more like working with friends, because they really care and are passionate about AITO. They constantly strive to ensure that AITO is seen as the market leader in specialist travel and we trust them implicitly.AITO, The Specialist Travel Association
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?