Holidaycottages.co.uk partners with the RSPB
Leading UK self-catering accommodation provider holidaycottages.co.uk has announced an exciting new partnership with the RSPB that will see the company supporting the UK’s largest nature conservation charity during 2020.
Throughout the coming year, this collaboration will generate funds to help the RSPB protect nature for future generations and support its work on more than 200 nature reserves (home to over 16,000 species) across thousands of acres of land, including the expansion of native woodland. The partnership will see an emphasis on the preservation and regeneration of the UK’s landscapes at the same time as encouraging customers to ‘holiday at home’, enjoying the beauty of their natural surroundings whilst ensuring that the protection of the planet remains first and foremost in their minds.
Alongside donations made through the partnership, holidaycottages.co.uk will also be supporting the RSPB during the coming year by:
- Promoting the RSPB to its customers and property owners, encouraging both to consider membership, and to get involved with local RSPB activities and volunteering
- Promoting nature reserves that are in the vicinity of its cottage locations, via pre-holiday information sent to customers booking those properties
- Raising funds through Staff Charity Days
- Providing opportunities for its customers and property owners to donate to the RSPB themselves
Holidaycottages.co.uk, flagship brand of The Travel Chapter, has a portfolio of over 6,000 handpicked properties across the UK, many of which are situated close to some of the nation’s best-loved nature reserves, including:
- RSPB Conwy: a wetland on the east bank of the Conwy estuary in north Wales, created from material dug out during construction of the A55 road tunnel and now home to a variety of flora and fauna, including a scarce form of early marsh orchid (found at only a handful of sites in North Wales), the bee orchid (its flower mimics a bumblebee) and Carneddau ponies. Stay at Boutique Townhouse (sleeps ten, plus one dog) with superb views over Llandudno, from £151 pp (£1,505 total) for a seven-night stay.
- RSPB Strumpshaw Fen: set on the River Yare in Norfolk, this reserve has a full range of broadland habitats, including reedbeds, woodlands and orchid-filled meadows. Stay at Lackford Cottage (sleeps two, plus one dog) in Brundall, at the heart of the Norfolk Broads, from £179 pp (£358 total) for a seven-night stay.
Holidaycottages.co.uk prides itself on providing a high-quality collection of properties, as well as an unrivalled level of customer and owner service, ensuring that happy memories can be made in some of the most beautiful and best-loved parts of the UK. This new RSPB partnership is an important element of an overall business initiative both to support conservation and to reduce the company’s eco footprint.
Says James Starkey, Marketing Director at holidaycottages.co.uk:
“There has never been a more important time to take action on environmental issues and we are delighted to have the opportunity to partner with the RSPB and support their vital conservation work. We have always encouraged our customers to enjoy the UK’s stunning landscapes and diverse wildlife as part of their holiday experience, and look forward to building on this over the coming year with the RSPB’s help, raising awareness of local nature reserves and ways in which we can all play our part in preserving and regenerating these important landscapes for future generations.”
Welcoming the partnership with holidaycottages.co.uk, Nicky O’Malley, Head of Corporate Partnerships at the RSPB, commented:
“At the RSPB, we are passionate about forging new partnerships that help to inspire people to support the natural world in this time of environmental crisis. Through collaboration we can make a real difference – supporting landscapes and species in serious decline across the UK.”
For further information and/or images, or to request an interview with holidaycottages.co.uk, please contact Shannon Keary at The Travel Chapter on tel: 01237 459809 or email email@example.com. For RSPB-specific enquiries, please contact Anna Feeney at RSPB on tel: 01767 693432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
An award-winning national business, holidaycottages.co.uk specialises in letting high-quality holiday properties across the UK. With over 6,000 properties in the collection, customers can choose from cosy coastal cottages and stylish barn conversions on working farms to grand mansions and even castles sleeping large numbers of guests and, in many cases, their canine companions.Holidaycottages.co.uk offers a high standard of personally inspected self-catering properties which can be booked online via its user-friendly website, or over the phone with its Reservations Team.
About the RSPB:
The largest nature conservation charity in the country, the RSPB is responsible for 200+ nature reserves across the UK, which are home to 16,000+ species and thousands of acres of woodland. Its aim is to inspire everyone to give nature a home and to secure a healthy environment for wildlife; working together to save nature.
Get set for springtime with a refreshing seaside break!Learn more
UK self-catering specialist holidaycottages.co.uk sees bookings for 2022 up by more than 80%Learn more
Have yourself a cracking self-catering Christmas and a staycation to start the New Year in style – with holidaycottages.co.ukLearn more
Travel PR has become an invaluable source for comments and analysis. The team consistently provides insightful quotes and op-eds, and often on a tight deadline. My requests are answered quickly and professionally. Travel PR is a go-to agency for information, and easy to deal with compared to rivals.Steph Spyro, Daily Express
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?