Family festival in La Plagne
Experience ‘Subli’cimes’ this Easter:
The fun-filled family festival in La Plagne, French Alps
This Easter (5 – 18 April) will see the third annual ‘Subli’cimes’ festival take place in the beautiful French Alps resort of La Plagne.
This 12-day free and fun-filled festival on the slopes will take place across six key peaks of the ski area, accessible to skiers and non-skiers alike. This is a thrilling and active festival with a whole host of wild and unusual activities, providing entertainment for all the family.
During Subli’cimes, each peak will offer a different, unique theme:
For chill-seekers: ‘ZEN ALTITUDE’ – Arpette (2,385 m)
- Two six-seat Jacuzzis, one with an inflatable igloo cover, and a five-seat barrel sauna.
- Seated physiotherapy massages.
- Discovery workshops held outside or in a yurt: tai chi, qi gong, sophrology, yoga, do-in (self-massage) and active meditation.
- Visit the relaxation area with deckchairs, hammocks and zen decoration, and sip on herbal teas.
For thrill-seekers: ‘ADRENALIN’ – Roche de Mio (2,700 m)
- 10-metre long waterslide to whizz down on rubber rings.
- 15-metre long giant ball ‘Wipe Out’ course – try jumping from one ball to the next to get to the other side of the inflatables.
- Unique DJ cabin car with partner Jaguar Land Rover, bringing music to the slopes (5 – 11 April).
For history-lovers: ‘THE VIKINGS’ – Grande Rochette (2,505 m)
- Viking village atmosphere: visit booths and a large tent, decorated with a longship on a sea of snow.
- Warrior combat demonstrations, archery and javelin initiation (subject to snow conditions), games to test strength and traditional Viking games of Mia and Talbut.
- Creative workshops: making mini longships, shields, wrist protectors, sundials, rune initiation.
- Dress in Viking costumes in the photo corner, and sit on a large snow-sculpted chair for fun photo opportunities.
- Learn about myths and legends and decorate runic stones.
- Try hot apple juice, mead, and savoury pancakes.
For magic-believers: ‘ENCHANTMENT’ – Fornelet (1,970 m)
- Entertainment for all ages in a magical, wintery setting.
- Ride a mini snow-train lost in the mountains.
- Discover a wooden wheel carried by the wind.
- Enjoy surprises and sweets from the snow fairy.
For pamper-seekers: ‘BEAUTY AND NATURE’ – Bécoin (2,350 m)
- Burlesque corner on the theme of ‘Back to Nature’.
- The world’s highest pop-up beauty salon (brow shaping, make-up, and nail varnish by student beauticians from the Silvya Terrade school).
- Barber shop (beard shaping and pre- and post-shave treatments).
- Tattoo Box body painting (temporary tattoos and face painting).
- A naturopath will be on site offering energy smoothies, fruit and vegetable juice extractions, allowing visitors to create their own energy bars, and giving dietary advice.
- Visit the solarium and sun-cream bar.
For prehistoric-lovers: ‘DINOSAURS IN THE ICE AGE’ – Rossa (2,380 m)
- Explore a mysterious ice grotto, shaped like a giant dinosaur egg.
- Discover dinosaur-themed sculptures dug into the snow.
- Take part in fun and creative palaeontology games to find animal prints in the snow or to discover hidden bones, and see an exhibition of fossils.
- Experience the thrills of a snow half-pipe.
Ski passes for La Plagne are priced at €50 for one day or €259 for six days. Paradiski passes, including Les Arcs, are priced at €59 for one day or €298 for six days.
One week’s accommodation costs from €273 pp (based on four sharing), including six-day Paradiski passes. Return flights (London-Geneva) cost from £116 pp with easyJet.
For more information, visit www.la-plagne.com or call La Plagne on +33 (0)4 79 09 79 79.
AITO Travel Writer of the Year Awards 2021-22 now open for entriesLearn more
Travel to Africa bounces back – introducing the best trips to book now for 2023Learn more
A HIGHER CALLING | Make a positive impact on Bhutan’s communities & environment with a trip to the NEW Trans Bhutan TrailLearn more
Travel PR are a dream to work with. They understand the complexity that often comes with representing a membership organisation, and are highly adept in responding to the needs of multiple stakeholders. We have a great story to tell… and Travel PR has enabled us to tell it.The Institute of Tourist Guiding
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?