Canine Cottages partners with Battersea
Packed with expert advice and ideas to help pet owners keep their dogs and cats healthy and happy, ‘The Battersea Way’ is a free fortnightly email covering everything from behaviour and training tricks to grooming tips and recipes for making nutritious dog and cat treats. Pet owners signing up can choose to receive information about dogs, cats, or both, which will include pertinent topics such as how to manage separation anxiety in dogs – an issue that is likely to come further to the fore as Covid lockdown restrictions ease across the UK – and how to address the issue of dogs jumping up on furniture, a must for those planning to visit friends and family, or to book holiday accommodation, once travel restrictions are lifted.
A recent survey by the Pet Food Manufacturers’ Association reported that 3.2 million households in the UK have added a pet to their family since the start of the pandemic, many of whom admit to finding it rewarding… but also a challenge at times. 2021 looks set to be the year in which our canine companions get rewarded for their loyalty during the last 12 months, with a well-deserved break. This is borne out in Canine Cottages’ latest figures, which show summer bookings by guests with one dog more than doubling in 2021, whilst bookings for those with two or more dogs have more than tripled.
Matt Brayley, Marketing Director at Canine Cottages, says:
“As the UK begins to unlock over the coming months, we believe that the advice Battersea offers will be especially helpful, particularly to those who may have become pet owners for the first time during lockdown, and those who now find themselves having to leave their four-legged friends at home for longer periods as they return to work. With domestic holidays in high demand this year, this may also prove a challenge for dogs – and their owners – if they have never travelled before or stayed in different surroundings.
“Canine Cottages is proud to be working with Battersea, one of the UK’s best-known and much-loved pet charities, in a partnership that will support them in continuing their incredible work. We share Battersea’s commitment to giving dogs the best possible chance of a good life, and to giving their owners the information and advice they need to enjoy their time together.”
Commenting on the new partnership, Julian Holmes Taylor, Director of Fundraising at Battersea, says:
“We are thrilled to be working with Canine Cottages as sponsors of ‘The Battersea Way’. Their support will help Battersea continue to be here for every dog and cat – not just those that arrive at our gates, but beyond, extending our reach to those who need it. We’re very much looking forward to working together to promote the importance of positive and responsible pet ownership, helping the nation to keep its pets healthy and happy.”
As well as the fortnightly ‘The Battersea Way’ advice email, this new partnership will also see Battersea provide pet advice for Canine Cottages’ popular blog and other customer channels, as well as participating in competitions on its social media platforms.
Sign up to receive ‘The Battersea Way’ email here.
For more information on Battersea, visit www.battersea.org.uk.
To book a dog-friendly break with Canine Cottages, visit www.caninecottages.co.uk.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
For further information on Canine Cottages, including high-res images, or to discuss a commissioned press trip or interview opportunity, please contact Karen Carpenter (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mischa Mack (email@example.com) or Sue Ockwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Travel PR, tel: 07831 126 356.
For further information on Battersea and its work, please contact email@example.com.
- When it comes to dog-friendly holidays, Canine Cottages leads the pack. With over 4,400 dog-friendly cottages and lodges across the UK, sleeping from two people and up to five dogs, Canine Cottages’ impressive portfolio includes properties that are family-friendly, near a beach or a pub, with an enclosed garden, a hot tub, a tennis court, an indoor swimming pool, an open fire, spa facilities, and much more. Its website features an array of useful, free dog-friendly Guides to destinations across the UK.
- Canine Cottages’ blog is kept regularly updated with articles on topics including what to look for when booking your dog-friendly cottage, activities for dogs inside the home, wonderful birthday gifts for dogs, ten dog Instagram accounts to follow, and how to pamper your pooch.
- The blog also features property reviews and Q&As with Canine Cottages’ Canine Critics. These top dogs – the winners in ten categories ranging from The Mini Mutt to Critics’ Choice – beat thousands of applications (almost 63,000!) at the end of last year, and now have the job of sniffing out some of the best dog-friendly accommodation, days out and dog walks the UK has to offer.
- Launched in summer 2020, Canine Cottages’ Canine Club is a community for dog lovers and their four-legged friends. Free to join, Canine Club offers its members exclusive offers, discounts, holiday inspiration and much more.
- Canine Cottages is part of the Travel Chapter (travelchapter.com), one of the UK’s leading providers of self-catering holidays.
- Battersea is committed to helping every dog and cat – championing their rights, loving their imperfections and expertly caring for them. Because rescue is Battersea’s favourite breed.
- Battersea is reliant on the generosity of the public to continue to fund its vital work helping dogs and cats and the people who care for them. To donate to Battersea, visit https://donate.battersea.org.uk.
- Battersea directly helps thousands of dogs and cats across its three centres and uses its expertise, influence, and voice to help many more animals all over the country and across the world.
- In addition to the site in South West London, Battersea also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ or facebook.com/Battersea.
Pawsecco, pampering & puppy hampers: Canine Cottages reveals its paw-fect staycation picksLearn more
Springtime breaks for dogs… and their owners… with Canine CottagesLearn more
We’ve found Travel PR’s knowledge of, and passion for, the UK travel industry to be invaluable as we build our media relations and profile. They work as an extension of our team and always offer sound advice, never more so than throughout the pandemic.The Travel Chapter (including holidaycottages.co.uk and Canine Cottages)
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?