Hotel de France
A Loire winter warmer
Wrap up warm and enjoy Winter in the Loire with Hotel de France
New indulgent three-night package for just €300/£255, two sharing
Hotel de France, an ivy-clad art deco gem in La Chartre-sur-le-Loir, is offering a great value Winter in the Loire package, which represents a discount of more than 35% off the hotel’s normal tariff. Winter is actually a fabulous time to visit the region; all the major châteaux are still open but not subject to summer queues, the landscapes are stunning in the frost or snow and bracing walks mean even more reason to indulge in guilt-free fine wines and dining!
The hotel’s Winter in the Loire package is €300/£255 per room, two sharing, and includes:
- A route suggestion for a River Ramble and a flask of boozy hot chocolate to warm up winter walkers, followed by a menu du jour lunch in the hotel’s brasserie
- Free return transfer to nearby city Tours, to spend the day exploring its half-timbered medieval centre with its buzzing shops and bars, flamboyant Gothic cathedral or many different markets
- Dinner for two at the hotel’s restaurant, Le Relais de Ronsard1
- A local digestif and a selection of chocolates brought to guests’ room or to their seats beside the hotel’s roaring fire
- Three nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation in a double or twin deluxe room
La Chartre-sur-le-Loir is a rural town on the northern edge of the Loire Valley, roughly equidistant between Tours and Le Mans. The hundred-year-old property has had a long association with the race circuit and has played host over the years to heads of state, film stars and motor sport royalty. The stunning chateaux of Chenonceau and Blois are an easy drive from the hotel and remain open year-round.
The Winter in the Loire package, priced at €300 per room (two sharing) is available from 1 December 2016 to 28 February 20172. For further information or to book, call +33 (0)2 43 44 40 16 or visit www.lhoteldefrance.fr (English spoken).
Hotel de France is easily to reach from Tours; return flights with Ryanair cost from just £19.98 in January and return train travel with Eurostar costs from around £100. Alternatively travel by ferry and car with Brittany Ferries from Portsmouth to Caen, a two and a half hour drive from the hotel. Return crossings start at approximately £160.
I have worked with Travel PR for almost 20 years - during which time they have helped to facilitate access to a wide range of clients, tourist boards, destinations and tour operators. While the contours of travel have inevitably changed during that time, Travel PR have been a constant. I have always found them to be professional, helpful, and easy to deal with.Chris Leadbeater, The Telegraph
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?