New Solo Group tours for single travellers
September 1, 2017 | Jules Verne
Jules Verne launches Solo Group tours for single travellers
New programme features nine itineraries including Albania, Italy, Uzbekistan & Ethiopia
Innovative tour operator Jules Verne has launched a new collection of escorted holidays exclusively for single travellers, visiting destinations as diverse as Italy’s Lake Como and Ethiopia’s Blue Nile.
Following requests from its clients, Jules Verne has created nine Solo Group tours, following popular itineraries from its Worldwide Journeys programme on selected departure dates throughout 2018. Each tour is offered with no single supplement and groups will be comprised solely of single travellers, accompanied by a UK or local tour manager.
Jules Verne is confident that its new tours will appeal to a wide range of single travellers, and will continue to negotiate with its hotel partners and suppliers worldwide to increase the number of Solo Group tours in its collection over the coming year.
Says Managing Director, Francis Torrilla: “Jules Verne has been at the forefront of single travel for some time, having offered a No Single Supplement programme for many years – long before many of our competitors began to respond to the needs of the single traveller.
“For many of our clients, being able to travel without the burden of a single supplement has enabled them to visit countries that might otherwise have remained out of reach financially, and we are delighted to build on our offer to the single traveller by introducing these new Solo Tours, which guarantee that they will be joining a group of like-minded people who are also holidaying on their own.”
Jules Verne’s new Solo Group tours encompass tempting destinations in Europe, Africa and Asia. Several of the itineraries also include a Special Event, an exclusive and memorable experience reflecting the uniqueness of the chosen country and its people:
- Treasures of Sicily: Explore this historic treasure house on an eight-day journey, visiting Syracuse, Piazza Armerina, Selinunte, Monreale, Mount Etna and more. Special Event: make a private visit to Palazzo Conte Federico in Palermo, the only surviving tower of the city wall, guided by the count or countess, and take an aperitif in their beautifully-decorated home. Departing 30 October 2018, this seven-night Solo Group tour costs from £1,145 pp*.
- In the Company of Angels: Spend a sublime few days in Rome, staying with the Sisters of the Order of St. Joseph of the Apparition in their characterful guest house overlooking the Vatican. This five-day holiday also includes pre-booked visits to the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and Colosseum as well as guided tours taking in the Eternal City’s myriad of other famous sites, with ample time for independent exploration, too. Departing 14 February and 5 December 2018, this four-night Solo Group tour costs from £595 pp*.
- Grand Hotel on Lake Como: From a delightful base at the centre of Italy’s most exclusive lake, join optional excursions to St. Moritz, Milan, Bergamo and Lakes Orta and Maggiore, or simply potter at your own pace against a picture-perfect backdrop. Special Events: enjoy afternoon cruises by private boat to Villa del Balbianello and Villa Carlotta, and drinks at the historic Grand Hotel Cadenabbia, overlooking the lake. Departing 7 April and 13 October 2018, this seven-night Solo Group tour costs from £695 pp*.
- Venice from the Water: Visit Venice’s world-famous landmarks, take a trip to the pretty fishing port of Chioggia and cruise the lagoon, all whilst staying on the MS Michelangelo, moored close to the heart of the city and offering a welcome retreat from the rigours of a busy day’s sightseeing. Departing 26 February and 18 October 2018, this four-night Solo Group tour costs from £855 pp*.
- Classical Tour of Albania: Explore the heritage of this remote and still largely undiscovered destination on an eight-day journey that takes in Durres, Saranda, Gjirokastra, Berat and the capital, Tirana. Special Events: Experience lunch and dinner in two local homes, learning about local life, history and traditions from welcoming Albanian families. Departing 13 March 2018, this seven-night Solo Group tour costs from £875 pp*.
- Abyssinia & the Blue Nile: Discover Ethiopia’s fascinating historical and religious sites, alongside its spectacular scenic contrasts, on an itinerary that begins and ends in Addis Ababa, visiting Axum, Lalibela, Gondar and Bahar Dar. Travel through landscapes dominated by dramatic mountains and desert-like wildernesses that give way to the country’s largest lake, Tana, which feeds the Blue Nile. Departing 4 May 2018, this 12-night Solo Group tour costs from £3,195 pp*.
- Victoria Falls to the Okavango: Witness Botswana’s unique wildlife at close hand during a 12-day holiday that includes a stay at a special new small camp in the Okavango Delta (from where guests are taken on game drives – on land and by canoe) as well as a guided walk of Victoria Falls, a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River, and further game drives in Chobe National Park. Departing 5 February 2018, this 11-night Solo Group tour costs from £3,695 pp*.
- Discover Jordan: Unlock Jordan’s remarkable religious, cultural and historical treasures on a ten-day journey that takes in the Dead Sea, Amman, Petra and Aqaba. Special Events: this itinerary includes two guided visits and two full days to explore the ‘rose red city’ of Petra (with the option to return by candlelight) as well as a private dinner at a camp on its outskirts and a drink at the Nabataean Cave Bar. Departing 10 January 2019, this nine-night Solo Group tour costs from £1,895 pp*.
- The Golden Road to Samarkand: Prepare to be dazzled by Uzbekistan, an ethnic and cultural melting pot on the ancient Silk Road, one of the greatest trade routes in history. Travel from Tashkent to Khiva and Bukhara before returning via the city renowned for its mosques and mausoleums, Samarkand. Special Events: learn to cook the traditional Uzbek dish, Pilov, in a local home in Samarkand, meeting the family who live there and learning about daily life. Departing 6 July 2018, this 11-night Solo Group tour costs from £2,145 pp*.
Jules Verne’s new Solo Group tours appear for the first time in the latest edition of its Worldwide Journeys brochure, offering inspiring small group tours with a twist to all seven continents for departures until April 2019. Each itinerary is expertly planned and organised, using the services of knowledgeable local guides to show clients the true character of their chosen destination. Choose from short breaks to an iconic European destination, a classic escorted tour ticking off all the must-see sights of a country or countries, or delve further under the skin of a region to reveal its undiscovered gems on one of Jules Verne’s ‘Secrets’ tours.
Keen to cruise? Jules Verne’s Worldwide Journeys collection also features an array of river and coastal cruises, ranging from the waterways of France, Portugal’s beautiful Douro, and the lakes and canals linking St. Petersburg and Moscow to the pharaonic Nile, the Red River of Indochina and the islands of Croatia, Greece, Italy, Cape Verde, the Galapagos and the Seychelles.
Many of Jules Verne’s Worldwide Journeys offer No Single Supplement places on selected departures (subject to availability), enabling single travellers to join mixed groups of couples and friends holidaying together, without financial penalty.
The new brochure also contains details of Jules Verne’s 24 Limited Edition tours, created to celebrate the company’s 40th anniversary in 2018. Choose from unforgettable itineraries such as The Great British Voyage (departs 22 July 2018, 14 nights from £2,550 pp), Glorious Glacial Greenland (departs 31 July 2018, ten nights from £4,495 pp*) and The Balkans by Private Train (departs 17 May 2018, nine nights from £3,895 pp*), or venture further afield to The Great White Continent – Antarctica (departs 21 January 2018, 13 nights from £6,595 pp*), Iconic Australia (departs 29 October 2018, 22 nights from £6,695 pp*) and Mystical New Zealand (departs 6 November 2018, 23 nights from £5,975 pp*).
*Prices include flights, rail or sea travel, accommodation (hotel, train and/or boat) and meals as per the itinerary, and the services of a Tour Manager, guides and local representatives.
Fully ABTA and ATOL bonded, and winner of many travel awards including Which? ‘Recommended Provider Status’ (2015 and 2017), Jules Verne’s expert staff organise every detail, ensuring that clients can book in complete confidence. This commitment is further reinforced by Jules Verne’s 100% Price Guarantee; the holiday price is fixed when clients book and will remain so, even if Jules Verne’s costs increase subsequently.
For more information or a copy of Jules Verne’s new Worldwide Journeys brochure, call 020 3553 3722 or visit www.vjv.com.