Kirker Holidays 2016: France & Spain
December 18, 2015 | Kirker Holidays
Kirker expands France & Spain collections for 2016
New dedicated brochures feature additional properties from Brittany to Barcelona
Specialist tour operator for discerning travellers, Kirker Holidays has launched the latest edition of its dedicated brochures to France & Spain, featuring tailor-made itineraries to many of the countries’ most sought-after spots. Choose from classic city breaks in Paris, Nice, Bordeaux, Barcelona or Seville, rural retreats in Provence or Andalucia, island escapes to Corsica, Mallorca or Tenerife, and much more.
Celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2016, Kirker’s first-ever brochure (back in 1986) featured just one destination in France – Paris – while Spain was added to its short break programme in 1991. Fast forward to 2016 and Kirker’s dedicated France brochure now encompasses over 120 hotels in city, countryside and coastal locations across the country, while its selection of Spanish accommodation spans over 100 hand-picked properties, as well as Spain’s unique collection of characterful Paradors.
Never a company to rest on its laurels, Kirker continues to develop and expand its portfolio in both France and Spain, adding several new hotels for 2016. Not only are these destinations perfect for a short break, but Kirker’s private car transfers and the high-speed rail networks in each country make combining two or more cities in one tailor-made holiday hassle-free and easier than ever before.
As with all Kirker holidays, clients are guaranteed attentive, knowledgeable service, further enhanced by welcome extras such as complimentary access to the major museums of Paris such as the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay and Château de Versailles, Madrid’s Prado, Thyssen or Reina Sofia museums, and Granada’s Alhambra Palace. It is these crucial extra touches which make the difference between an endurance test and an exceptional short break experience. Most of Kirker’s short breaks also include carefully-curated Guide Notes to restaurants, museums and sightseeing, as well as the services of the Kirker Concierge to assist with table reservations, arranging a morning in the company of an expert local guide or to pre-book opera, ballet or concert tickets in every major city.
NEW to Kirker’s portfolio for 2016 in FRANCE…
- BORDEAUX: Located in Bordeaux’s ‘Golden Triangle’ – famous for its luxury boutiques – the elegant four-star superior De Sèze blends contemporary touches with classic 18th century style, and is a short walk from the pretty river Garonne. Three nights from £598 pp*.
- BRITTANY: Blessed with an outstanding location in the heart of the Côte de Granit Rose – a beautiful stretch of Brittany’s rugged northern coast – the four-star deluxe L’Agapa is set opposite the Sept-Îsles archipelago. Dating back to the 1930s, it is Art Deco in style with a spa, indoor pool, sauna & Jacuzzi. Stay four nights for the price of three from £628 pp*, saving up to £163 pp.
- CARCASSONNE: Just 15 minutes’ drive from the world’s largest fortified city, the four-star deluxe Domaine d’Auriac promises exceptional service and a relaxing retreat during the warmer months, while golfers will enjoy a round or two on the hotel’s 18-hole golf course. Stay three nights for the price of two from £628 pp*, saving up to £165 pp.
- CORSICA: Enjoy Corsica’s myriad charms from an indulgent base at the five-star deluxe Casa del Mar. Overlooking the bay of Porto Vecchio, the hotel boasts lovely Italian gardens, unrivalled sea views, a private beach, a two-star Michelin gastronomic restaurant and an ‘Espa’ spa. Seven nights are from £2,198 pp*.
- MONTPELLIER: Next door to the opera house in one of France’s most under-rated cities, the newly-restored four-star superior Grand Hotel du Midi is ideally placed for exploring Montpellier’s bustling food markets and cultural highlights such as the fabulous Musée Fabre. Three nights are from £598 pp*.
- NORMANDY: With unrivalled views of Mont St. Michel from each of its 39 rooms and suites, there can be no better place to stay for those wishing to visit this iconic UNESCO World Heritage Site than the four-star superior Le Relais Saint Michel. Three nights from £598 pp*.
- PARIS: A delightful alternative for return visitors, the four-star superior Bourgogne & Montana is set in the relatively unexplored 7th arrondissement, a fascinating part of the Left Bank. Just a short walk from Les Invalides, the hotel is perfectly situated to explore both sides of the Seine. Stay four nights for the price of three from £668 pp*, saving £105 pp.
- PROVENCE: NEW for 2016, Kirker adds the small town and pilgrimage site of Saint-Maximin-La-Sainte-Baume to its Provence portfolio, where the three-star superior Le Couvent Royal de Saint Maximin is a charming former monastery attached to the town’s 13th century abbey. Meals are served in the historic cloister and the bar was once the friar’s kitchen. Three nights are from £598 pp*.
In Avignon – now connected to London by year-round direct Eurostar services – the four-star superior Avignon Grand joins Kirker’s collection, offering a convenient location, spacious surroundings and a rooftop swimming pool, as well as excellent value for money. Stay three nights for the price of two from £498 pp*, saving up to £75 pp.
Enjoy wonderful views of Marseille’s Vieux Port at the five-star deluxe Intercontinental Marseille – Hotel Dieu, dining on delicious contemporary regional cuisine at its Michelin-starred restaurant or luxuriating in its extensive spa. Stay three nights for the price of two from £689 pp*, saving £80 pp.
NEW to Kirker’s portfolio for 2016 in SPAIN…
- BARCELONA: Set between Gaudi’s magnificent Casa Battló and La Pedrera, and just a short stroll from the Plaza Catalunya, the four-star superior Sixty Two is a delightful boutique hotel with stylishly designed bedrooms, many of which overlook its Japanese Garden. Stay four nights for the price of three from £559 pp*, saving up to £88 pp.
- COSTA BRAVA: Opened in May 2015, the five-star Mas Salagros is Spain’s first ‘eco resort’, dedicated entirely to sustainability and ecology. Set in a secluded private park, facilities include two restaurants serving purely organic produce and local wines, two swimming pools, a spa with Roman baths and the option to take yoga, cooking or painting classes. Stay four nights for the price of three from £569 pp*, saving up to £94 pp.
Just a half-hour transfer from Barcelona airport in a quiet part of the popular town of Sitges, the four-star superior Estela is an art-lovers dream, its impressive hallway and several of the bedrooms individually designed by Catalan artists. Three nights are from £536 pp*.
- MADRID: Perfect for those seeking to relax and unwind during their stay in the Spanish capital, the five-star superior Orfila is located in a quiet, exclusive residential district of the city and has a superb restaurant as well as a charming courtyard garden (stay four nights for the price of three from £839 pp*, saving up to £158 pp). For value for money and a great location on Madrid’s famous Gran Via, the four-star Tryp Plaza de España ticks all the boxes for lovers of theatre and tapas alike (three nights are from £549 pp*).
- MALLORCA: Named from the Mallorquin words for ‘sea’ and ‘sky’, the five-star Maricel comprises a former wealthy merchant’s home and a new ‘ECO building’ boasting 22 rooms, each with its own small private ‘zen’ pool. A private sea bathing platform and stunning infinity swimming pool make refreshing dips a delight, and there is an excellent restaurant. Stay four nights for the price of three from £539 pp*, saving £159 pp.
- SEVILLE: Recently restored to its former glory, the four-star deluxe Palacio de Villapanes is an 18th century Baroque palace that is one of the most luxurious hotels in Seville, with service to match (three nights are from £679 pp*). The four-star superior Fontecruz Sevilla will appeal to lovers of contemporary design, with wonderful views of the city skyline from its fantastic roof terrace (three nights are from £529 pp*).
*Prices are based on two sharing and include flights (London – regional departures on request), private transfers or car hire, accommodation with breakfast, Kirker Guide Notes to restaurants, museums and sightseeing (where available) and the services of the Kirker Concierge to book restaurants, expert local guides or tickets to theatres, opera performances, concerts, museums and galleries. Where special offers are stated, date restrictions will apply.
For further information and to hear about Kirker’s latest special offers on short breaks and tailor-made holidays to France and Spain, call Kirker Holidays on 020 7593 2283 or visit www.kirkerholidays.com.