Jules Verne customers are ready to travel again
July 16, 2020 | Jules Verne
Covid-19 survey finds almost a third are keen to jet off before the year’s out, 5% intend to travel more post-lockdown…
and Spring 2021 looks set to sell out fast!
As the world slowly starts to re-open, and travellers begin to dream once again of their next adventure, specialist small group tour operator Jules Verne (www.vjv.com) has been asking its customers for their thoughts on travelling over the next 18 months.
Its survey – The Future of Travel – which received over 3,300 responses, has revealed that
- 36% of customers think they will be travelling again by Spring 2021, with 21% choosing next Summer as their preferred option.
- Almost a third of respondents are keen to get going even sooner, however, with 18% saying they would like to travel this Autumn (2020) and 14% this Winter (2020).
- 23% of customers said that their travel plans and outlook remain unaffected by Covid-19, with 5% saying that they intend to travel more.
- None of the respondents said they would not travel again.
- When asked how their views of travel have changed as a result of Covid-19, 50% of respondents said that they will be more cautious about where and when they travel, with a further 22% reporting that they have had to re-evaluate their plans with a new travel wish list.
- Europe is the destination that most respondents (46%) plan to travel to over the next 18 months, followed by the Asia Pacific region (20%), The Americas (17%), Africa (12%) and the Polar regions (4%).
- The European country that Jules Verne customers most want to visit once travel restrictions are eased is Italy, followed by France, Greece and Spain. For those dreaming of venturing further afield, India is the most popular choice, followed by Australia, Japan, South America and Canada.
- 52% of respondents are happy to continue travelling in the usual Jules Verne group size of 12 people, whilst 10% expressed a preference for experiencing their chosen itinerary as a privately-guided tour. The latter is an option which Jules Verne has offered its customers in recent years (more here) and which it expects to see an increase in demand for, post-Covid 19.
- Solo travel continues to be popular, with 27% of those respondents planning to travel in the next 18 months saying that that they will do so on their own. 41% are planning to travel with a partner and 17% with a friend.
- When asked which factors are most important to its customers when considering their next trip, the top three responses were the reputation of the company (16%),and the safety (15%) and hygiene (13%) of the destination being visited. Flexibility and the ability to change dates without charge also ranked highly amongst responses to this question (10%).
- 35% of customers are already planning or researching their next trip, with a further 24% telling Jules Verne that they are intending to do so very soon.
- Most of this holiday research (35%) is done using the internet, although brochure browsing remains popular – 19% of respondents said they still use printed material to help make their travel decisions.
Francis Torrilla, Managing Director at Jules Verne, comments:
“To say that the events of 2020 have shaped, and will continue to shape, the way we all travel is somewhat of an understatement. At Jules Verne, we are delighted to see bookings begin to build again for the latter part of the year and into 2021, and we are keen to understand how our customers are feeling about their future holiday plans. This feedback is invaluable as we start to re-launch our classic itineraries and to develop new ones, creating a worldwide programme of tours that best fits their changing requirements.”
Jules Verne has over 40 years’ experience of creating extraordinary adventures, pioneering voyages and inspirational journeys worldwide. Offering short breaks, long-haul stays and multi-centre itineraries to 106 countries spanning Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific and The Americas, the specialist tour operator offers a tempting array of ‘get away from it all’ holidays that range from relaxing river cruises, spectacular rail journeys and unforgettable grand tours to trips created with a particular focus on history, art and culture, or wildlife. Travelling in small escorted groups led by expert guides who showcase the true character of a destination, whether closer to home or far-flung, Jules Verne clients are assured of authentic travel experiences with a twist.
BOOKING WITH CONFIDENCE:
Jules Verne appreciates that these are turbulent times for anyone considering a holiday. However, all its travel arrangements are fully bonded with ABTA and ATOL, ensuring that clients can book in complete confidence. This commitment is further reinforced by a 100% Price Guarantee, meaning that the holiday price you pay is fixed and will remain so, even if Jules Verne’s costs subsequently increase.
Jules Verne is among the travel companies applauded by Which? Travel in its recent report for complying with Package Travel Regulations in respect of giving customer refunds during the coronavirus crisis.
For more information on Jules Verne’s collection of Worldwide Journeys, including the latest Price Reductions and Early Booking Offers, please call 020 3553 3722 or visit www.vjv.com.
Press: For more information on Jules Verne, including high res images, please contact Karen Carpenter or Laura Forbes at Travel PR (email k.carpenter.travelpr.co.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org). At Jules Verne, please contact Prini Holmes-Reilly (email email@example.com).