New flights from Scotland to Cornwall
May 16, 2016 | Cornwall Airport Newquay
New direct summer flights from Scotland to Cornwall
– fly to Newquay in just 100 minutes
Two new direct Flybe routes from Glasgow (from 21 May) and Aberdeen (from 28 May) are set to make Cornwall more accessible than ever before. Flybe is also restarting its direct Edinburgh service (from 28 May), making a summer holiday exploring the south-west’s sandy beaches, wild moorland and picturesque harbour villages the ideal choice.
And, with a flight time of just 100 minutes from Glasgow to Newquay, you could reach the coast in time for a delicious seafood lunch overlooking the beach, followed by a spot of surfing or a gentle walk and then, perhaps, an outdoor theatre performance under the stars.
Cornwall is brimming with places to explore, all relatively close to each other. The pretty peninsula is already home to some of the UK’s key attractions – including the Eden Project, the Minack Theatre and St Michael’s Mount – but there are many more reasons why Cornwall’s star is shining even brighter this year:
New in Cornwall for summer 2016(and an hour’s drive or under from the airport):
- The art deco Penzance Jubilee Pool – the largest surviving seawater lido in Britain – reopens after refurbishment on 28 May.
- New developments for foodies include seafood specialist The Shorefrom former Rick Stein chef Bruce Rennie in Penzance. New gastronomic destinations are also emerging on the map, in recent years, Cornish-Asian-style restaurant Kota has bolstered Porthleven’s reputation as a gastronomic hotspot.
- The largest puppet ever made in Britain, the Engine Man (a steam-powered cast iron giant minor) will walk across Cornwall for two weeks in July, in celebration of the 10th anniversary of UNESCO recognition of the county’s mining landscape, much featured in the BBC’s Poldark series
- Talking of which, Cornwall will also be in the limelight again when the second series of BBC drama Poldark airs, this autumn.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
Flybe will commence direct flights from Glasgow on 21 May, running every Saturday until 24 September. Fly from Glasgow Airport to Cornwall Airport Newquay from £29.99 one way with Flybe.
Flybe will commence its direct flights from Aberdeen on 28 May every Saturday until the 3 September. Fly from Aberdeen Airport to Cornwall Airport Newquay from £29.99 one way with Flybe.
Flybe will recommence its Edinburgh service from 28 May every Saturday until 3 September 2016. Fly from Edinburgh Airport to Cornwall Airport Newquay from £35.99 one way with Flybe.
For more details of flights to Cornwall from many UK destinations, visit www.newquaycornwallairport.com