July 1, 2014 | Robin Pope Safaris
Offering intimate accommodation and personalised service in exclusive spots, with arguably the best guides in Africa to take you through some of the world’s last true wildernesses, Robin Pope Safaris captures the absolute essence of a perfect safari honeymoon in Zambia and/or Malawi.
Adding to the jaw-dropping scenery, wonderfully secluded lodges and sounds of the wild, Robin Pope Safaris can arrange special romantic experiences à deux, such as private breakfast on a dhow on Lake Malawi; a romantic dinner in the South Luangwa Valley, on the edge of Lake Malawi or in the Majete Wildlife Reserve; an exclusive game drive or cruise, or a complimentary snorkelling excursion and, of course, champagne on the house for the newly-weds. As honeymooners move from one property to the next during the safari, staff relay details of which options were indulged in, to ensure new experiences are offered with seamless service.
Accommodation options include:
– Luangwa River Camp – just five spacious bush suites located on the banks of the Luangwa River in an area known for its dense populations of game, including elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo and over 450 species of birds. The elegant suites have wide sliding doors looking out over your own private corner of Africa.
– Stanley Safari Lodge – four suites and six cottages, stylishly constructed with local materials, situated in the bush just 3 km from Victoria Falls, with splendid views of the rainbow-hued spray. Magical sunset cruises and cultural excursions can be arranged, plus, for the more adventurous honeymooner, white-water rafting, bungee jumping and micro lighting are all available.
– Tena Tena – situated in the exclusive Nsefu sector, Tena Tena represents the soul of Robin Pope Safaris (still
the only operator in Nsefu) – it was the first camp that Robin Pope Safaris opened, some 28 years ago. With walls built around trees, furniture carved from local wood, open-air bathrooms, and the main area moulded around a large termite mound, Tena Tena is synonymous with nature, and overlooks a beautiful stretch of the Luangwa River, where hippos wallow and lions roam.
– Mkulumadzi, Majete Wildlife Reserve – a stylish and contemporary lodge situated within the little-known Majete Wildlife Reserve, now once again featuring the Big Five – lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo. Mkulumadzi overlooks rapids at the confluence of two rivers and has eight capacious chalets, each with generous living quarters and a private viewing deck. Guests can swim, dine under the stars, enjoy river cruises, go on game drives and undertake walking safaris, including rare black rhino tracking.
– Pumulani, Lake Malawi – ten luxurious lakeside grass-roofed villas, each complete with private deck. Float in the infinity pool overlooking the sparkling lake, relax on a private 40ft traditional wooden dhow, go bird-watching, bliss out on the beach, swim in the sublime water or try a spot of star-gazing, including shooting stars (telescope provided).
For the ultimate honeymoon, Robin Pope Safaris recommends combining Zambia and Malawi – two sample itineraries are below:
– Three nights at the Luangwa River Camp, three nights at Mkulumadzi and four nights at Pumulani. Costs from £2,814 pp (two sharing) including all accommodation, full board, safari activities, domestic transfers (starting Lusaka and ending Lilongwe). International flights extra.
– Three nights at Stanley Safari Lodge, three nights at Tena Tena and four nights at Pumulani. Costs from £3,201 pp (two sharing) including all accommodation, full board, safari activities, domestic transfers (starting Livingstone and ending Lilongwe). International flights extra.
For further information, see http://www.robinpopesafaris.net/
Ends – 1 July 2014
Press: For more information, high-resolution photography or to discuss a press trip with Robin Pope Safaris, contact Mika Bishop or Mischa Mack at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 (email@example.com).