The Subbética – The ‘Green Heart’ of Andalucia
This little-known region of southern Spain lies in the heart of Andalucia, between the three great cities Cordoba, Granada and Seville, and just a 90-minute drive from Malaga.
- Gloriously rural and unspoilt, it’s home to the UNESCO-protected Parque Natural Sierras Subbéticas - a massive 320 sq. km to explore on foot or by bike: you’ll rarely see another person along your chosen route.
- A birdwatcher’s dream, you’ll find one of southern Spain’s largest breeding colonies of griffon vultures in the park, plus many other bird species such as booted, Bonelli’s and short-toed eagles… as well as a rich variety of wildflowers.
- There is no light pollution here, bringing fabulous dark skies and making the region suberb for stargazing.
- Base yourself at one of the charming small hotels and B&Bs that are dotted around the Subbética, each serving home-cooked meals using delicious local produce.
- Sample world-class olive oils, sweet Montilla-Moriles wines, artisan goat’s cheese, and visit Rute - famous for its anís production - where you can taste the aniseed-flavoured liqueur at any of several bodegas in the village.
Why PR professionals cannot be replaced by AILearn more
AITO Travel Writer of the Year AwardsLearn more
Five leaf-peeping holiday suggestions from Travel PRLearn more
Travel PR has been responsible for nurturing the Kirker brand with travel journalists for over 25 years. They bring an objective view that adds a priceless dimension to the success of our business and it is a pleasure to work with them.Kirker Holidays
Travel PR, established 25 years ago, is a leading specialist PR and communications agency specialising in the travel, hotel and lifestyle markets. Want to create a PR strategy for your brand?