We are looking for PR Assistant to join our team
April 25, 2019
To support the PR team on a variety of PR and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of daily operations.
Newspaper and magazine management. To include:
- Picking up weekend/daily papers from newsagents
- Setting up Monday newspaper meeting
- Scanning coverage
- Distributing magazines for the team to read
Keeping clients’ coverage reports up to date. To include:
- Saving coverage in orderly files
- Keeping Travel PR’s agency’s coverage portfolio up to date
- Ad hoc client coverage reports
- Assisting in tracking media coverage and using PR metrics (e.g. web analytics)
Assisting with media relations. To include:
- Answering journalist requests
- Compiling newsletters
- Drafting press releases
- Writing other copy
Administrative tasks to support the team. To include:
- Taking minutes for the weekly PR meeting
- Compiling weekend press trips chart and circulating to the team
- Ad hoc administrative and clerical duties
Supporting the Digital Marketing Manager and the Travel PR website. To include:
- Uploading press releases, client news and other updates
- Contributing to the blog on Travel PR’s website
Contributing to social media – posting on Twitter and Instagram and generating ideas for content.
Supporting the team on client events. To include:
- Managing guest lists and acceptances
- Printing badges
- Attending events on a regular basis
Updating documents. To include:
- Client lists
- Media circulations
- Key bloggers watch-list
- Creating media lists on Gorkana on behalf of clients.
Participating in brainstorming, planning sessions and new business research.
Conduct ongoing research to support PR campaigns and generate news hooks.
Other tasks as may be required, commensurate with the level of the post.
- To comply with Travel PR’s policies and procedures.
- To work flexibly and to respond positively to changing business needs, thereby facilitating positive working relationships.
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of tasks.
Please send your CV to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org