September 12, 2017
McKinlay Kidd appoints Travel PR
Travel PR is delighted to announce that it is now representing McKinlay Kidd, careful curators of self-guided, special-experience and tailor-made holidays in Scotland, Ireland and England.
Launched in 2003 by husband and wife team Robert Kidd and Heather McKinlay at the dining table of their Scottish home, McKinlay Kidd still maintains the same ethos today of helping independently-minded visitors get the most out of their holiday. From short breaks to longer holidays and grand tours of a lifetime, trips are meticulously planned with a high level of attention to detail and personal customer service.
All accommodation and experiences have been personally tried and tested by the McKinlay Kidd team. The extensive offering includes self-drive, fly-drive and train touring options. A fully tailor-made service is also available.
Examples of special experiences:
- Experience the world’s shortest scheduled flight (taking around 90 seconds) on the seven-night See Orkney Differently trip, from £965 pp on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Ride in first class on the Jacobite Express steam train (featured in the Harry Potter films) on the two-night West Highland Line Experience, from £295 pp on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis (a three-night offer in October is the same price).
- Enjoy the thrill of a James Bond-inspired Scottish road trip on a two-night Aston Martin 007 Weekend, from £1,395 pp on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
- Join a local fisherman for a shellfish safari on the six-night Scottish Seafood Trail, from £700 pp on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Kayak by moonlight on a seven-night Classic Irish Honeymoon, from £910 pp on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Fly to a white-sand beach in the Outer Hebrides and Land on the Sand on Barra, two nights from £300 pp on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Visit Scotland’s smallest whisky distillery on the nine-night Scottish Castles, Glens and Whisky trip, from £1,160 pp on a bed and breakfast basis (dinner is also included on the first two nights).
- Head to the outer edge of the British Isles and discover the mystery of St. Kilda on the five-night Escape to the Edge trip, from £720 pp on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Learn to find, forage and feast on seaweed on Ireland’s Kerry coastline on the eight-night Wild Atlantic Way Food Trail, from £1,075 pp on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Walk to find Northumberland’s herd of horned white (and wild) cattle (rarer than the Giant Panda) on the six-night Dark Skies & Nature itinerary, from £675 pp on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Search for whales, dolphins, basking sharks, otters, golden eagles, white-tailed eagles and more on a six-night Mull Week of Wildlife trip, from £695 pp on a bed and breakfast basis.
All above prices are valid for travel during 2017 and based on two adults sharing a room. 2018 holidays booked before 30 September 2017 will be honoured at 2017 prices.
For more details or to book, visit www.mckinlaykidd.com or call 0141 308 8009 to speak to an expert.
McKinlay Kidd has been named ‘AITO Tour Operator of the Year 2016’ based on consistently-excellent customer reviews.