- The UK’s leading wildlife-tour specialist – independent and over 25 years old
- Around 345 expert-led, small-group trips to everywhere from Armenia to Zambia, covering all continents and various oceans in between
- Specialties include birdwatching trips, botany tours, bear, whale & tiger-spotting, polar cruises and photography holidays. All trips have a strong sustainable tourism ethic
- Unusual offerings include seeing dragonflies in Bulgaria, wildlife-watching in Belarus and a jaguar safari to Brazil’s Pantanal
- A tailormade programme is available for those preferring to travel privately
March 8, 2013
In a new tour for 2014, Naturetrek offers an incredible experience: the thrill of being in the water, swimming and snorkelling with humpback whales.
Every year, about 3,000 humpback whales leave their northern summer feeding areas in Cape Cod, the Gulf of Maine and beyond, and begin a 2,500-kilometre journey to the tropics where they will spend the winter. Many head for the Caribbean’s West Indies; the largest of their breeding grounds…Read the full article...
February 7, 2013
This Saturday’s instalment (8 February, BBC2, 8pm) of the BBC’s Natural World series focuses on the Amazon rainforest’s giant otters. Filmed by Charlie Hamilton James in collaboration with the Frankfurt Zoological Society, the episode follows Diablo, as his unusually-large family of six cubs (the largest ever recorded) grow up in a jungle lake in south-eastern Peru’s Manu National Park.Read the full article...
December 5, 2012
Naturetrek introduces six new tours for 2013
Always on the look-out for new destinations and yet more of the world’s top wildlife experiences to offer its clients, Naturetrek has just added six tours to its 2013 programme – from watching wildcats in the Spanish Pyrenees to spying South America’s ‘Big Five’Read the full article...
November 26, 2012
New for 2012-3, Naturetrek has launched Beginners’ Birdwatching Tours, a programme of ten trips aimed squarely at amateurs.Read the full article...