Sue Ockwell – on the environment
At Travel PR, we are highly aware of the need for the travel industry to act responsibly. We strongly encourage Responsible Tourism among clients, both in terms of carbon management and impact on the local environment and local economies.
Sue Ockwell, Travel PR Founder Director, has been involved with environmental issues on behalf of AITO for 20 years. AITO is the first tourism industry to incorporate a commitment to Responsible Tourism into its business charter. Its member guidelines are based on five key objectives:
- To protect the environment – its flora, fauna and landscapes
- To respect local cultures – traditions, religions and built heritage
- To benefit local communities – both economically and socially
- To conserve natural resources – from office to destination
- To minimise pollution – through noise, waste disposal and congestion
At Travel PR, we practise what we preach by carbon-neutralising all staff flights, recycling and taking energy-saving measures in our offices. We support many of our clients who take it upon themselves to be carbon neutral and have assisted where possible to champion their accomplishments in the industry.