First-ever specialist overseas wedding planner joins ABTA – The Travel Association
Reflecting one of ABTA’s highlighted travel trends for 2012, forecasting an increase in weddings abroad, Ionian Weddings, specialist consultancy for weddings in unique locations across the Greek Islands and Cyprus, has become the first-ever wedding company to join the Association.
Ionian Weddings has seen a 25% increase in bookings so far for weddings in 2012 compared to 2011, with the number in Cyprus more than doubling year on year. Increased flights to Kefalonia and Kos will undoubtedly contribute to even more magical weddings on these beautiful islands during 2012.
Says Jane Palikira, co-founder of Ionian Weddings: “We are very excited to become ABTA members as it further enhances the high level of service and added value offered to our wedding couples. Our ABTA membership gives our clients even more financial protection and security. This, along with impartial advice, our intimate knowledge of our wedding locations and team of experts both in the UK and on the islands, means they can relax and look forward to their wedding day in the knowledge that everything is taken care of for them.”
Says Victoria Bacon, Head of Communications, ABTA: “We are delighted to welcome Ionian Weddings as our first specialist wedding company. Every couple wants their big day to be perfect and ABTA membership helps to give customers peace of mind when booking their holidays.”
Ionian Weddings can arrange a blissful wedding in an unusual location in Greece or Cyprus for as little as £2,500, including the ceremony, flowers, photographer, bridal car, reception, music and legal paperwork. New venues for 2012 include:
- Ayii Anargyri, Cyprus: Set in tranquil surroundings but just 25 minutes’ drive from Paphos, Ayii Anargyri is a 17th century former monastery and now an elegant spa haven.
- Melissani Lake, Kefalonia: This beautiful lake sits enclosed by grotto walls that are up to 36 metres high and covered with 20,000 year old stalactite and stalagmite formations. Be married in a boat floating on the neon-blue water.
- Fanari Lighthouse, Kefalonia: A magnificent colonnaded pavilion, known as the Fanari Lighthouse, situated at the end of a tiny peninsular, two kilometres from Argostoli.
- Achilleion Palace, Corfu: located approximately ten kilometres south of Corfu, this architectural beauty was originally built in the 1890s for the Empress of Austria.
For couples considering a Greek island or Cyprus wedding, Ionian Weddings offers a two-hour consultation meeting for a small fee which is fully refundable if the couple makes a booking. Additional services include assistance with booking accommodation for the wedding party and full documentation arrangements.
For more information, visit Ionian Weddings at www.ionianweddings.co.uk or call 020 8892 7556.
Ends/5 January 2012
Notes to editors:
- Ionian Weddings was commended in the Richmond Business Awards “Best Business Category” in October 2011
- The company was founded in March 2007 by Greek-born Andreas Palikiras and his English wife, Jane, who have over 15 years’ experience in the travel industry.
- To date, Ionian Weddings has arranged over 450 weddings in the Greek Islands and Cyprus.
- Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Civil, Greek Orthodox, Jewish and Protestant weddings can be arranged.
- Client testimonials can be found here.
- Images and case studies are available on request.
ABTA has been at the heart of travel for more than 60 years. Our purpose is to help our Members to grow their businesses successfully and sustainably, and to help their customers – the travelling public – have confidence in their travel experience.
The ABTA brand stands for expertise, reliability and fairness. These qualities are core to us. They ensure that holidaymakers remain confident in the holiday products that they buy from our Members.
We help our Members and their customers navigate through today’s changing travel landscape by providing schemes of financial protection and a course of redress if something goes wrong; by raising standards in the industry and by giving guidance on issues from sustainability to health and safety; and by presenting a united voice to government to ensure the industry and the public get a fair deal.
ABTA currently has over 1,300 Members and represents over 5,000 retail outlets and offices. For more details about what we do, what being an ABTA Member means and how we’re working at the heart of the industry to ensure that we continue to build confidence in travel visit www.abta.com.
Media Enquiries: For further information on Ionian Weddings or to interview the founder directors, please contact Mika Bishop or Julia Farish at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.